A vibrant and innovative Volunteer Program is an important element in maintaining a sustainable Reciprocity future. We are committed to providing volunteers real value and meaningful engagement and at the same time generate tangible outcomes for the realization of our business purpose. Our Volunteer Program vision is to have a highly motivated international volunteer cohort working collaboratively alongside our business partners in every aspect of our business.
What a Reciprocity Volunteer will receive:
- A unique opportunity to engage in a mutually-beneficial partnership with an organisation committed to making a tangible contribution to a better world;
- An incredible experience of being at the forefront of a world-wide, farmer-led movement dedicated to the creation of a sustainable future for all;
- Special insights into the philosophical dimensions and practical applications of reciprocity as the key to partnership and relationship success;
- Real credibility In and engagement with the alternative agricultural sectorat a global level;
- High-level skill development in the areas of:
- Real-life research in a broad range of international agricultural contexts
- The creation, development and maintenance of participant oriented interactive Websites
- The creation and application of documentary film techniques and social Networking tools as vehicles for sustainable partnership development
- The development and use of multimodal, multilingual communication strategies
- Reciprocal partnership and relationship development strategies, techniques and practices.
How a Reciprocity Volunteer Engagement Works
Following a successful application, Reciprocity volunteers undergo an intensive 10-day induction program at the Reciprocity office in Manly Brisbane (alternative arrangements for international volunteers. During this program, shared understandings and agreements between volunteers and the Reciprocity partners are developed in relation to what Reciprocity does, how it does it, why it does it that way and what a mutually-beneficial partnership between the volunteer and Reciprocity would look like. The outcomes of this partnership will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis by all parties and changes to the partnership arrangement made accordingly.
Optional Volunteer Working Arrangements
- Flexible volunteer timeframes – the length of a volunteer engagement is completely flexible and while a minimum 12-month commitment is preferred, volunteers can negotiate to timeframes arrangements based on their personal and professional needs.
- Flexible work schedules based on what all parties consider a fair and worthwhile contribution to the achievement of the business purpose
- Flexible locations – Volunteers can be based anywhere in the world and maintain their contact, communication and relationships using phone and Internet technologies.
- Flexible working contexts – Volunteers will be able to make choices in the type and nature of the work that they do based on their personal and professional interests, time commitments and skill development needs.